Do you know someone who warrants a lump of coal in their stocking, albeit a delicious one? Here’s the recipe you need, originally from the US. Easy, simple and effective!
5 cups of white marshmallows (around 300g)
4 tbsp (about 60g) of unsalted butter
1 packet of Oreos (154g)
- Grease an 8″ square tin or dish
- In a food processor, blitz the Oreos until ground to a fine crumb – if you don’t own a food processor, you could smash them up with a rolling pin in a bag but the end result will be a bit more craggy!
- In a large bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter together in the microwave – mine took about 2 minutes, checked halfway
- Beat the melted marshmallows and butter until completely mixed, then quickly add the Oreo crumbs and fully combine – it will get very stiff, very quickly
- Press the mix into your greased tin and chill until completely set, then chop into 1.5″ squares – you could do them bigger but they’re quite rich
- Bag or box to give as gifts – ideally they should be kept in the fridge but if given in winter when it’s cold they could just be stored in a cool dry place